What You Should Look For in a Real Estate Agent
If you are interested in buying or selling real estate. you will probably need the services of a realtor. A professional realtor can make your real estate transaction experience easy and hassle-free.
In Canada, the best realtors are part of the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Licensing requirements vary across Canada, but all provinces and territories require prospective salespeople and brokers to pass a written exam. Fortunately, you have choices when looking for a realtor Crowsnest Pass AB.
You always want to work with an ethical realtor. Here are some of the hallmarks of an ethical realtor:
- Ethical realtors are above board in all matters relating to the real estate business. The best keep their word and outline ahead of time the way that they will conduct business.
- Excellent realtors treat each customer the same: with fairness, respect, and dignity. They do this regardless of the customer’s status, job title, social connections, or skin color.
- Money Matters. Realtors with integrity are not chasing money. Instead, they are looking for the best fit in a real estatedeal for their customers. They have the client’s best interests in mind.
Look for These Characteristics in a Realtor
Not all realtors are on the up-and-up. Look for the following characteristics when shopping for a skilled and ethical realtor:
- Check with the Better Business Bureau.
- Ask for referrals or references from the realtor.
Also, ask the realtor several key questions to help weed out the less than excellent ones:
- Is the realtor thriving?
- Has the realtor been in business for a while?
- Does the agent listen first then speak?
- Is the realtor overly flattering?
Many laypeople are somewhat mystified by the real estate marketplace. By working with an ethical and talented realtor, your experience is likely to be positive and fulfilling.